- There are more than 2,000 Marie Curie Nurses in the UK. In partnership with other healthcare professionals they care for half of all cancer patients who die at home - but we want to reach more.
- It costs £20 an hour to provide a Marie Curie Nurse.
- All our services are always free to patients and their families.
- We need to raise almost £12,000 every hour of every day to fund our work.
- Every hour of every day, the charity is making a real difference to the lives of people with cancer and their families across the UK.
- Only a quarter of all terminally ill cancer patients in the UK currently die at home. Our Marie Curie Nurses care for half of them - but we want to reach more.
- Last year Marie Curie Nurses cared for 16,344 cancer patients in their own homes, providing more than 1 million hours of practical nursing care. This represents an 8.6 per cent rise in the number of hours of nursing we provided and a six per cent rise in the number of patients we reached. The level of care delivered was the highest for five years.